Hashemite Restoration Achievements
From 1924-2019, the Hashemite restorations estimated at JOD 1.2 billion for renovating and safeguarding Al-Aqsa Mosque / Al-Haram Al-Sharif
Despite the IOA’s obstruction of more than 20 urgent renovation and restoration projects at Al-Aqsa Mosque / Al-Haram Al-Sharif, the Hashemite Fund for the Restoration of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Hashemite Restoration Committee continued to accomplish some major and necessary projects, including the following :
1. Restoration of the plastering and mosaic decorations inside the Dome of the Rock .
2. Historic Renovation of the mosaics in the major eight hallways of the Dome of the Rock.
3. Renovation of the mosaics of the façade of the main arcade and the dome of the Al-Jame’ Al-Aqsa (the Qibli Mosque).
4. Renovation of the inside marble of the Dome of the Rock.
5. Renovation of part of the Eastern Wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque / Al-Haram Al-Sharif. This project has been stopped by the IOA, although it is one of the urgent projects needed to conserve the historic wall, which is also the Eastern Wall of the Old City of Jerusalem.
6. Conducting studies for renovation of the lead and covering the roof of Al-Jame’ Al-Aqsa / the Qibli Mosque with lead.
7. Varied urgent renovations inside the Marwani Mosque.
8. Restoration of two Mamluk wooden gates of Al-Jame’ Al-Aqsa / the Qibli Mosque out of seven gates damaged by the Israeli police; the two gates were damaged again by the IOA on September 13th, 2015.